Daisy, Daisy, give me you answer do....
Add Reply
Hymermut
2024-05-03 02:05:46 UTC
We're off to here this May Bank Holiday weekend if anyone int' area
fancies an eyeball? Whisky availabubble.

https://www.independentcottages.co.uk/yorkshire/tawny-honeycomb-cabin-ref6495

Tel: oh double seven oh eight, nine seven double oh eight three.

It's part of my Maggie's recovery therapy. Having fallen and broken her
pelvis in three places, and now confined to a wheelchair, she is at last
out of horse spittle, but I am determined to get her out of her bed and
her flat for the weekend too. She deffo needs the respite.

Todmorden Folk Festival is just down the road, but whether we make that
or not, I know not, yet.

I'm taking the drone. Will report back.

Tone the Drone
Tease'n'Seize
2024-05-03 05:51:31 UTC
I am determined to get her out of her bed and her flat for the weekend
Good cyna; after her fall my mum was never able to get herself between
bed and chair, let alone any further ...
Simon
2024-05-03 08:39:07 UTC
Post by Hymermut
We're off to here this May Bank Holiday weekend if anyone int' area
fancies an eyeball? Whisky availabubble.
I forgot the UK has the holiday on the Monday, well have a good trip, look
forward to the details.
Post by Hymermut
https://www.independentcottages.co.uk/yorkshire/tawny-honeycomb-cabin-ref6495
Tel: oh double seven oh eight, nine seven double oh eight three.
It's part of my Maggie's recovery therapy. Having fallen and broken her
pelvis in three places, and now confined to a wheelchair, she is at last
out of horse spittle, but I am determined to get her out of her bed and
her flat for the weekend too. She deffo needs the respite.
Todmorden Folk Festival is just down the road, but whether we make that
or not, I know not, yet.
I'm taking the drone. Will report back.
Ooh posh videoing, very good, I would like a go, sadly here we can't fly one
without lots of red tape and even then not over public areas.
Post by Hymermut
Tone the Drone
We have several friends with campers, one is a Hymer and we thought of buying it
at one point, then the stupid bugger caught a bollard and damaged the steps, the
side, pulled the back panel off. After it was all bodged back together we
decided not to buy it. We did get a caravan, spent one night in it, then covid
locked us in the house and then our jobs changed. We are using it for storage
now :-(

So I would like to see someone enjoying their trip! :-)
--
Simon

RLU: 222126
Tease'n'Seize
2024-05-03 09:03:19 UTC
Not even the ickle ones (sub 1/203 cwt)?
Simon
2024-05-03 09:34:54 UTC
Post by Tease'n'Seize
Post by Simon
Post by Hymermut
I'm taking the drone. Will report back.
Ooh posh videoing, very good, I would like a go, sadly here we can't fly one
without lots of red tape and even then not over public areas.
Not even the ickle ones (sub 1/203 cwt)?
No, sadly, you can go to areas without people or spend time blurring out faces
and identifiable details. I love Spain for so many reasons but drone flying will
have to wait until I visit another country.
--
Simon

RLU: 222126
Tim+
2024-05-03 13:23:18 UTC
Post by Simon
Post by Tease'n'Seize
Post by Simon
Post by Hymermut
I'm taking the drone. Will report back.
Ooh posh videoing, very good, I would like a go, sadly here we can't fly one
without lots of red tape and even then not over public areas.
Not even the ickle ones (sub 1/203 cwt)?
No, sadly, you can go to areas without people or spend time blurring out faces
and identifiable details. I love Spain for so many reasons but drone flying will
have to wait until I visit another country.
I have a degree of sympathy with the Spanish view. Drones go places that
cameras never used to go before. Generally, if you are in an area where
you wouldn’t normally expect privacy, taking photos or videos of people
isn’t illegal. But drones can take pictures/videos of you from afar and
you’re powerless to even raise an objection. Distance no longer buys
privacy so in effect we’re all losing privacy.

If I’m forced to take a shit on a remote hillside I don’t want to find
videos of the event on social media afterwards.

They also make a bloody annoying buzz that has no place amongst the
birdsong of the countryside. One person’s hobby can easily become another
persons day out spoiled.

Tim
Please don't feed the trolls
Abandoned Trolley
2024-05-03 13:43:41 UTC
One person’s hobby can easily become another persons day out spoiled.
Tim
Which has been true about a lot of leisure pursuits long before drones
were thought of
Tim+
2024-05-03 14:31:23 UTC
Post by Abandoned Trolley
One person’s hobby can easily become another persons day out spoiled.
Tim
Which has been true about a lot of leisure pursuits long before drones
were thought of
Of course, but it’s a new pestilence.

Tim
Please don't feed the trolls
Simon
2024-05-03 21:09:23 UTC
Post by Abandoned Trolley
One person’s hobby can easily become another persons day out spoiled.
Tim
Which has been true about a lot of leisure pursuits long before drones
were thought of
I would happily live in a world where boomboxes had never been invented and then
bluetooth speakers. I am happy with headphones when out an about and so should
everybody else be. I can hear my dad saying something similar, oh dear.
--
Simon

RLU: 222126
Chris Elvidge
2024-05-03 22:20:21 UTC
Post by Simon
Post by Abandoned Trolley
One person’s hobby can easily become another persons day out spoiled.
Tim
Which has been true about a lot of leisure pursuits long before drones
were thought of
I would happily live in a world where boomboxes had never been invented and then
bluetooth speakers. I am happy with headphones when out an about and so should
everybody else be. I can hear my dad saying something similar, oh dear.
I use a bluetooth speaker every day for my Pi/VNC "radio". It's also has
an optical input, used for the TV sound.
--
Chris Elvidge, England
I WILL NOT USE ABBREV.
Simon
2024-05-04 07:25:22 UTC
Post by Chris Elvidge
Post by Simon
Post by Abandoned Trolley
One person’s hobby can easily become another persons day out spoiled.
Tim
Which has been true about a lot of leisure pursuits long before drones
were thought of
I would happily live in a world where boomboxes had never been invented and then
bluetooth speakers. I am happy with headphones when out an about and so should
everybody else be. I can hear my dad saying something similar, oh dear.
I use a bluetooth speaker every day for my Pi/VNC "radio". It's also has
an optical input, used for the TV sound.
I have no issue with the technology, it is their use in parks and at the beach.
--
Simon

RLU: 222126
Chris Elvidge
2024-05-03 14:06:57 UTC
Post by Tim+
Post by Simon
Post by Tease'n'Seize
Post by Simon
Post by Hymermut
[...]
AFAIR recording general public in a public place is also a no-no.
Security cameras are usually inside and have a warning notice on the
outside of the building.
--
Chris Elvidge, England
I WAS NOT TOLD TO DO THIS
Tim+
2024-05-03 14:31:47 UTC
Post by Chris Elvidge
AFAIR recording general public in a public place is also a no-no.
I don’t think that’s right. In “public” would normally means “not private”
and there’s no issue with videoing or photographing people in the street as
I understand it.

https://law.photography/law/street-photography-laws-in-the-uk

Tim
Please don't feed the trolls
Chris Elvidge
2024-05-03 22:23:14 UTC
Post by Tim+
Post by Chris Elvidge
AFAIR recording general public in a public place is also a no-no.
I don’t think that’s right. In “public” would normally means “not private”
and there’s no issue with videoing or photographing people in the street as
I understand it.
https://law.photography/law/street-photography-laws-in-the-uk
Tim
It was a reply to Tim's remark about the "Spanish view".
--
Chris Elvidge, England
I WILL NOT USE ABBREV.
John Williamson
2024-05-03 14:47:07 UTC
Post by Chris Elvidge
AFAIR recording general public in a public place is also a no-no.
Security cameras are usually inside and have a warning notice on the
outside of the building.
In the UK, for the most part, taking pictures and recording video in a
public place is legal. Rules differ across the World.

But. Places like shopping centres tend to be privately owned, and even
if full of shoppers, are not public places, so photography without
consent is forbidden, just as it would be in your bedroom.

One gotcha is setting up a camera on your house to video the approaches.
You are fine videoing what happens on your premises, subject to a notice
being visible, and you are fine taking video of the street. Include a
single square inch of your neighbour's ground, though, and you could be
in deep trouble.

The general rule is that you and the subject both need to be in a public
place, such as the street. If you are planning to make money by
publishing the pictures, you need to get consent for the publication
from the subject or their guardian. (Exceptions apply for pictures where
the main subject it not the people but the scenery.)

The notice about security cameras, is, AFAIK, both to warn you that
while you may expect privacy, being on private ground, you are being
recorded anyway, and to discourage antisocial behaviour. If you object
to being recorded, you have been warned, and you did not *have* to
enter. You have a right under various Acts of Parliament to view any
security footage held of you.

There are also rules about taking pictures of people such as children
even if you are both in a public place such as a council owned paddling
pool.

Also in most of the UK, with some exceptions, if you happen to point
(Not poke) your camera through the fence of a military installation, you
will not be prosecuted unless they consider you to be a terrorist. If
you can see anything secret from the street, that is a failure on behalf
of the military on site, and they will cop it if the bosses notice.

One restriction I find highly amusing in Senapr is that if you take a
picture or video of the twinkling lights on the Eiffel Tower at night,
you can be arrested for breaking the copyright held by the creators of
the installation. And yes, they do have people patrolling the area to
make sure you don't do it.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Adrian
2024-05-03 17:48:19 UTC
Post by John Williamson
One gotcha is setting up a camera on your house to video the
approaches. You are fine videoing what happens on your premises,
subject to a notice being visible, and you are fine taking video of the
street. Include a single square inch of your neighbour's ground,
though, and you could be in deep trouble.
<snip>
Post by John Williamson
The notice about security cameras, is, AFAIK, both to warn you that
while you may expect privacy, being on private ground, you are being
recorded anyway, and to discourage antisocial behaviour. If you object
to being recorded, you have been warned, and you did not *have* to
enter. You have a right under various Acts of Parliament to view any
security footage held of you.
I'm not disputing any of the above.

Howsomedever, when did you last see any signs warning that a video
camera doorbell system was installed, and judging from the various
ecilop pogroms on the WWP, they appear to be taking pictures of rather
more than the owner's front path.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops
Every time someone says "I don't believe in trolls", another one dies.
nev young
2024-05-06 08:28:56 UTC
Post by Adrian
Howsomedever, when did you last see any signs warning that a video
camera doorbell system was installed, and judging from the various
ecilop pogroms on the WWP, they appear to be taking pictures of rather
more than the owner's front path.
I just <sarcastic> love </> that the ecilop did warn me about the many
cameras I have round the house (mainly for watching bird and hedgepig
life) so I dutifully installed motion and privacy masks to prevent
seeing what I'm not allowed to record. But still several times a year
the same ecilop ask if I've got recordings of "some incident-or-other"
and I delight in telling them "no, because of your instructions telling
me not to".

Wouldn't mind but all recordings are deleted if more than 14 days old.

Of course, if a neighbour asks if my cameras got anything then I may
find I have 'accidentality' recorded something useful.
--
Nev
It causes me a great deal of regret and remorse
that so many people are unable to understand what I write.
Sam Plusnet
2024-05-03 18:47:19 UTC
On 03-May-24 15:47, John Williamson wrote:

<snip a lot else>
Post by John Williamson
Also in most of the UK, with some exceptions, if you happen to point
(Not poke) your camera through the fence of a military installation, you
will not be prosecuted unless they consider you to be a terrorist. If
you can see anything secret from the street, that is a failure on behalf
of the military on site, and they will cop it if the bosses notice.
If you are found to have pointed your camera through that fence, that
would almost certainly be sufficient to have you labelled as (at the
very least) a potential terrorist
Sam Plusnet
Simon
2024-05-03 21:13:47 UTC
Post by Chris Elvidge
Post by Tim+
Post by Simon
Post by Tease'n'Seize
Post by Simon
Post by Hymermut
[...]
Filming in the UK in pubic or from a public area is fully legal. There are huge
followings for people exercising these rights on YT.
--
Simon

RLU: 222126
Nicholas D. Richards
2024-05-03 23:31:56 UTC
Post by Simon
Post by Chris Elvidge
Post by Tim+
Post by Simon
Post by Tease'n'Seize
Post by Chris Elvidge
Post by Tim+
Post by Simon
Post by Chris Elvidge
Post by Chris Elvidge
Post by Tim+
Post by Simon
[...]
There are exceptions. For instance, filming up a stranger's skirt where
ever you are, is a crime.

There have been convictions since the law was passed.
--
***@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"
Simon
2024-05-04 07:29:32 UTC
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
Post by Simon
Post by Chris Elvidge
Post by Tim+
Post by Simon
Post by Tease'n'Seize
Post by Chris Elvidge
Post by Tim+
Post by Simon
Post by Chris Elvidge
Post by Chris Elvidge
Post by Tim+
Post by Simon
[...]
lol, well yes that should be a crime. It was the filming in a public place
statement. If you can see it from a pubic place you can film it. Bathrooms,
houses and indeed up skirts should be private. There is also no issue filming
from a publicly accessible area, so shops, offices etc. They can ask you to
leave but cannot stop you filming.
--
Simon

RLU: 222126
Peter
2024-05-04 08:57:01 UTC
Post by Simon
If you can see it from a pubic place you can film it.
There is
also no issue filming from a publicly accessible area
I suspect that filming pubic places in public would fall under indecent
exposure rules.
--
Peter
-----
Richard Robinson
2024-05-04 10:17:05 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Simon
If you can see it from a pubic place you can film it.
There is
also no issue filming from a publicly accessible area
I suspect that filming pubic places in public would fall under indecent
exposure rules.
Hurrah ! TFD!!!
--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html
Richard Robinson
2024-05-04 10:16:30 UTC
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
There are exceptions. For instance, filming up a stranger's skirt where
ever you are, is a crime.
There have been convictions since the law was passed.
There was also a subsequent news report of a proposal to go on and
criminalise "downblousing".

Make some thing foolproof and the fools get more ingenious.

Ahem A Rivet's Shot
2024-05-04 13:26:23 UTC
On Sat, 4 May 2024 10:16:30 -0000 (UTC)
Post by Richard Robinson
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
There are exceptions. For instance, filming up a stranger's skirt where
ever you are, is a crime.
There have been convictions since the law was passed.
There was also a subsequent news report of a proposal to go on and
criminalise "downblousing".
Yet it is OK to take pictures at the beach ?
--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/
Whate're is best administered is best - Alexander Pope
John Williamson
2024-05-04 14:09:17 UTC
Post by Richard Robinson
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
There are exceptions. For instance, filming up a stranger's skirt where
ever you are, is a crime.
There have been convictions since the law was passed.
There was also a subsequent news report of a proposal to go on and
criminalise "downblousing".
Yet it is OK to take pictures at the beach ?
The view in the UK is that people are likely to want to take pictures at
the beach, so you dress as you are happy to be pictured. Nudity is
forbidden except on some beaches, and the rules on public decency still
apply. (Basically, you need to cover up the amusement facilities, IYKWIM)

In some other countries, there are explicit restrictions on how you
dress, ranging from some French beaches where complete nudity is
forbidden to countries requiring a complete cover up (The Burkini) In
some places, the Burkini is banned as it is viewed as a political statement.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Richard Robinson
2024-05-04 14:53:12 UTC
Post by Richard Robinson
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
There are exceptions. For instance, filming up a stranger's skirt where
ever you are, is a crime.
There have been convictions since the law was passed.
There was also a subsequent news report of a proposal to go on and
criminalise "downblousing".
Yet it is OK to take pictures at the beach ?
The view in the UK is that people are likely to want to take pictures at
the beach, so you dress as you are happy to be pictured. Nudity is
forbidden except on some beaches, and the rules on public decency still
apply. (Basically, you need to cover up the amusement facilities, IYKWIM)
In some other countries, there are explicit restrictions on how you
dress, ranging from some French beaches where complete nudity is
forbidden
But women have been forced at gunpoint to remove their burqas
Post by John Williamson
to countries requiring a complete cover up (The Burkini) In
some places, the Burkini is banned as it is viewed as a political statement.
And there was me thinking it was a martini as served to a member of the
berkshire hunt.

Sam Plusnet
2024-05-04 19:25:50 UTC
Post by Richard Robinson
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
There are exceptions. For instance, filming up a stranger's skirt where
ever you are, is a crime.
There have been convictions since the law was passed.
There was also a subsequent news report of a proposal to go on and
criminalise "downblousing".
    Yet it is OK to take pictures at the beach ?
The view in the UK is that people are likely to want to take pictures at
the beach, so you dress as you are happy to be pictured. Nudity is
forbidden except on some beaches, and the rules on public decency still
apply. (Basically, you need to cover up the amusement facilities, IYKWIM)
In some other countries, there are explicit restrictions on how you
dress, ranging from some French beaches where complete nudity is
forbidden to countries requiring a complete cover up (The Burkini) In
some places, the Burkini is banned as it is viewed as a political statement.
Dunno about el-swear, but if someone was on a UK beach and making a
nuisance of themselves by evidently photographing/videoing all the
females in bikinis, they would probably expect some significant blowback.
Sam Plusnet
Simon
2024-05-05 08:22:31 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Richard Robinson
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
[...]
I think the difference is a photographer would not fixate on one type, but a
creep/perv would, the former is fine, the latter not so much.
--
Simon

RLU: 222126
Abandoned Trolley
2024-05-05 09:27:41 UTC
Post by Simon
I think the difference is a photographer would not fixate on one type, but a
creep/perv would, the former is fine, the latter not so much.
Lots of photographers and other artists get fixated on a certain subject
- just for one example there seems to be a number of photographers with
a launderette fixation

(How many of those sunflower things did Van Gogh knock out ?)
Simon
2024-05-05 11:21:31 UTC
Post by Abandoned Trolley
Post by Simon
I think the difference is a photographer would not fixate on one type, but a
creep/perv would, the former is fine, the latter not so much.
Lots of photographers and other artists get fixated on a certain subject
- just for one example there seems to be a number of photographers with
a launderette fixation
(How many of those sunflower things did Van Gogh knock out ?)
I meant random person on the beach without talking to them, if you follow
someone around, camera or not, that is whole other type of issue.
--
Simon

RLU: 222126
Richard Robinson
2024-05-04 14:50:24 UTC
Post by Ahem A Rivet's Shot
Post by Richard Robinson
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
There are exceptions. For instance, filming up a stranger's skirt where
ever you are, is a crime.
There have been convictions since the law was passed.
There was also a subsequent news report of a proposal to go on and
criminalise "downblousing".
Yet it is OK to take pictures at the beach ?
If that's a question, I can't answer it. (Or if it isn't, for that
matter)

At a guess, it might depend on whether anyone objects ? Or on who you
take them of ?

nev young
2024-05-06 08:34:23 UTC
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
Post by Simon
Filming in the UK in pubic or from a public area is fully legal. There are huge
followings for people exercising these rights on YT.
There are exceptions. For instance, filming up a stranger's skirt where
ever you are, is a crime.
There have been convictions since the law was passed.
I await the time a Scotsman prosecutes some lassie for looking up his kilt.
Chris Elvidge
2024-05-06 12:40:14 UTC
Post by nev young
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
Post by Simon
Filming in the UK in pubic or from a public area is fully legal. There are huge
followings for people exercising these rights on YT.
There are exceptions. For instance, filming up a stranger's skirt where
ever you are, is a crime.
There have been convictions since the law was passed.
I await the time a Scotsman prosecutes some lassie for looking up his kilt.
"Is anything worn up there?"
"No, it's still as good as new."
--
Chris Elvidge, England
I WILL NOT BELCH THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Sam Plusnet
2024-05-06 19:31:24 UTC
Post by nev young
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
Post by Simon
Filming in the UK in pubic or from a public area is fully legal. There are huge
followings for people exercising these rights on YT.
There are exceptions. For instance, filming up a stranger's skirt where
ever you are, is a crime.
There have been convictions since the law was passed.
I await the time a Scotsman prosecutes some lassie for looking up his kilt.
"Is there anything worn under the kilt?"

(Someone had to do it.)
Sam Plusnet
Chris Elvidge
2024-05-06 19:42:22 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by nev young
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
Post by Simon
Filming in the UK in pubic or from a public area is fully legal. There are huge
followings for people exercising these rights on YT.
There are exceptions. For instance, filming up a stranger's skirt where
ever you are, is a crime.
There have been convictions since the law was passed.
I await the time a Scotsman prosecutes some lassie for looking up his kilt.
"Is there anything worn under the kilt?"
(Someone had to do it.)
True. So true.
--
Chris Elvidge, England
I DID NOT LEARN EVERYTHING I NEED TO KNOW IN KINDERGARTEN
Soup
2024-05-08 12:33:11 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by nev young
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
Post by Simon
Filming in the UK in pubic or from a public area is fully legal. There are huge
followings for people exercising these rights on YT.
There are exceptions. For instance, filming up a stranger's skirt where
ever you are, is a crime.
There have been convictions since the law was passed.
I await the time a Scotsman prosecutes some lassie for looking up his kilt.
"Is there anything worn under the kilt?"
No, it's all in perfect working order.
(Someone had to do it.)
brian
2024-05-07 11:10:47 UTC
Post by nev young
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
Post by Simon
Filming in the UK in pubic or from a public area is fully legal. There are huge
followings for people exercising these rights on YT.
There are exceptions. For instance, filming up a stranger's skirt where
ever you are, is a crime.
There have been convictions since the law was passed.
I await the time a Scotsman prosecutes some lassie for looking up his kilt.
A pub in 'Sneckie had to change the bar staff's attire from kilts to
tartan trews owing to the amount of upkilting from cackle-night
parties.

Brian
Brian Howie
2024-05-07 19:05:12 UTC
Post by nev young
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
Post by Simon
Filming in the UK in pubic or from a public area is fully legal. There are huge
followings for people exercising these rights on YT.
There are exceptions. For instance, filming up a stranger's skirt where
ever you are, is a crime.
There have been convictions since the law was passed.
I await the time a Scotsman prosecutes some lassie for looking up his kilt.
A pub in 'Sneckie had to change the bar staff's attire from kilts to tartan
trews owing to the amount of upkilting from cackle-night parties.
Brian
That's a shame. I would have used the power of technology to install
teargas containers activated by someone peaking under the kilt.
Kerr-Mudd, John
2024-05-03 09:26:57 UTC
On Fri, 3 May 2024 03:05:46 +0100
Post by Hymermut
We're off to here this May Bank Holiday weekend if anyone int' area
fancies an eyeball? Whisky availabubble.
https://www.independentcottages.co.uk/yorkshire/tawny-honeycomb-cabin-ref6495
Tel: oh double seven oh eight, nine seven double oh eight three.
It's part of my Maggie's recovery therapy. Having fallen and broken her
pelvis in three places, and now confined to a wheelchair, she is at last
out of horse spittle, but I am determined to get her out of her bed and
her flat for the weekend too. She deffo needs the respite.
Todmorden Folk Festival is just down the road, but whether we make that
or not, I know not, yet.
Other Folk Festivals are available; e.g. the following w/e at Tredegar
House, Newport (the one between Chepstow & Cardiff). Some band calling
itself 'Lindisfarne' are playing Sunday afternoon - tickets probably sold
out.

https://tredegarhousefestival.org.uk/tickets
Bah, and indeed Humbug.
Hymermut
2024-05-07 21:06:26 UTC
Post by Hymermut
We're off to here this May Bank Holiday weekend if anyone int' area
fancies an eyeball? Whisky availabubble.
https://www.independentcottages.co.uk/yorkshire/tawny-honeycomb-cabin-ref6495
Tel: oh double seven oh eight, nine seven double oh eight three.
It's part of my Maggie's recovery therapy. Having fallen and broken her
pelvis in three places, and now confined to a wheelchair, she is at last
out of horse spittle, but I am determined to get her out of her bed and
her flat for the weekend too. She deffo needs the respite.
Todmorden Folk Festival is just down the road, but whether we make that
or not, I know not, yet.
I'm taking the drone. Will report back.
Tone the Drone
Nice place it was. Right out in the sticks and moors. First cuckoo(s).
Owls. Grouse. Deer. Goats.

Nearest pub with sign outside saying 'Food' doesn't do food.

But droning not allowed. and a steep path and steps into the cabin made
it difficult for us wheelchair/rollator users.

My two ladies were very ill all day Saturday. Stomach bug caught from
school. (The daughter is a teacher). Coming out both ends like watter it
were TMIIK.

Managed a half day at Todmorden Folk Festival on the Sunday. Found a bar
int miggle of the market with ale at £3.10pp, so I was happy watching
the morris dancers, especially a local wicked border morris side called
'Thieving Magpies' who were excellent and flouted the ban on blacking up.

So not a very successful weekend. So I've booked their accessible cabin
for four days in July if we make it that far.

Tone
c***@privacy.net
2024-05-08 16:01:51 UTC
Post by Hymermut
Post by Hymermut
[...]
Ah, I know the TMs - was Mr Oblivion playing accordion for them?

Chris