I know that we know that the world has gone crazy, but....
JonG
2014-11-27 22:54:41 UTC
...I just wish people weren't so determined to keep adding to the evidence:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-90-arrested-week-feeding-homeless-article-1.2002790

I know that his actions are not exactly Sheddy, but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
--
JonG
Better the pride that resides
"Territories" Rush
skipweasel
2014-11-28 00:44:47 UTC
Post by JonG
I know that his actions are not exactly Sheddy, but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
I can understand not feeding the pigeons - but people in need? Daft.
Skipweasel... Walking on the beaches, looking at the sneetches.
John Williamson
2014-11-28 02:22:39 UTC
Post by JonG
I know that his actions are not exactly Sheddy, but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
I can understand not feeding the pigeons - but people in need? Daft.
Indeed. The local council made it very difficult to provide meals for
the homeless without breaking the law.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/it-is-now-illegal-to-share-food-with-the-homeless-in-florida/5416602

A quote from another paper makes it sound like feeding animals in a zoo:-

"We actually expanded the number of feeding locations in the city of
Fort Lauderdale," the mayor told CNN.

http://www.local10.com/news/mayors-claims-about-daily-homeless-feedings-in-city-called-false/29786364

The mayor's e-mail address is easily found.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Sn!pe
2014-11-28 07:21:12 UTC
Post by John Williamson
Post by JonG
I know that his actions are not exactly Sheddy, but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
I can understand not feeding the pigeons - but people in need? Daft.
Indeed. The local council made it very difficult to provide meals for
the homeless without breaking the law.
Perhaps they should require the homeless to have been resident
in Florida for four years before they become eligible for handouts.
^Ï^. Sn!pe <***@notforspam.fsnet.co.uk>

My pet rock Gordon just is.
Wymsey
2014-11-29 18:21:39 UTC
Perhaps they should require the homeless to have been resident in
Florida for four years before they become eligible for handouts.
I was going say not to let the bunch in charge here get hold of this!

Gnomalarta
--
M0WYM
Sales @ radiowymsey
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Sales-At-Radio-Wymsey/
Znep
2014-11-28 02:45:51 UTC
Post by JonG
I know that his actions are not exactly Sheddy, but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
I can understand not feeding the pigeons - but people in need? Daft.
Ft Lauderdale thinks of the homeless as big, flightless pigeons- vermin
to be eliminated.
--
Marc

"Long ago, there was a creature that sounded like a vacuum cleaner.
We don't know much about it, but we know that it ate cats." -- W. Spruiell
"There! Science Fiction in two sentences." -- Julian Flood
"It's also a pretty good parody of socio-biology." -- Nancy Lebovitz
Znep
2014-11-28 02:45:03 UTC
In uk.rec.sheds, (JonG) wrote in
Post by JonG
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-90-arrested-week-feeding-homeless-article-1.2002790
I know that his actions are not exactly Sheddy,
I don't agree. I think he's *splendidly* Sheddy.
Post by JonG
but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
I think we should make him a Sheddi Knight.

Ahem A Rivet's Shot
2014-11-28 09:15:55 UTC
On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 02:45:03 +0000
Post by Znep
Post by JonG
but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
I think we should make him a Sheddi Knight.
Gets my vote. I'm not sure what we should award the authorities in
Ft Lauderdale, but a Natrium enema springs to mind.
--
Steve O'Hara-Smith | Directable Mirror Arrays
C:>WIN | A better way to focus the sun
You lose and Bill collects. | http://www.sohara.org/
Richard Bos
2014-11-28 12:00:45 UTC
Post by Ahem A Rivet's Shot
Post by Znep
Post by JonG
but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
I think we should make him a Sheddi Knight.
I agree. Twice.
Post by Ahem A Rivet's Shot
Gets my vote. I'm not sure what we should award the authorities in
Ft Lauderdale, but a Natrium enema springs to mind.
A couple of weeks on the street should do it. But not in warm Florida,
let'em live in North Dakota for a while.

Richard
unknown
2014-12-01 22:54:21 UTC
Post by Richard Bos
Post by Ahem A Rivet's Shot
Post by Znep
Post by JonG
but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
I think we should make him a Sheddi Knight.
I agree. Twice.
MTAAW
Post by Richard Bos
Post by Ahem A Rivet's Shot
Gets my vote. I'm not sure what we should award the authorities in
Ft Lauderdale, but a Natrium enema springs to mind.
A couple of weeks on the street should do it. But not in warm Florida,
let'em live in North Dakota for a while.
Nome would be better
--
Pedt
ACRONYM = Another Cryptically Rendered Obfuscatory Narrative Yielding Meaning
skipweasel
2014-11-28 17:07:36 UTC
Post by Ahem A Rivet's Shot
Gets my vote. I'm not sure what we should award the authorities in
Ft Lauderdale, but a Natrium enema springs to mind.
Sod'em with sodium?
Skipweasel... Walking on the beaches, looking at the sneetches.
JonG
2014-11-28 23:08:36 UTC
Post by Znep
Post by JonG
but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
I think we should make him a Sheddi Knight.
I'll go along with that. And, just to redress the balance a bit, here
are a couple of gentlemen who could very well be his squires:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/towson/ph-tt-special-needs-eagle-scout-1015-20141013-story.html

(warning - may cause a hint of leakage of the eyes.)
"Territories" Rush
Mike Smith
2014-11-29 00:19:28 UTC
Post by JonG
Post by Znep
Post by JonG
but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
I think we should make him a Sheddi Knight.
I'll go along with that. And, just to redress the balance a bit, here
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/towson/ph-tt-special-needs-eagle-scout-1015-20141013-story.html
(warning - may cause a hint of leakage of the eyes.)
It's guys like that that give humans a good name. Well done both.
--
Cheers

Mike
Sena
2014-11-29 11:00:47 UTC
Post by JonG
Post by Znep
Post by JonG
but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
I think we should make him a Sheddi Knight.
I'll go along with that. And, just to redress the balance a bit, here
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/towson/ph-tt-special-needs-eagle-scout-1015-20141013-story.html
(warning - may cause a hint of leakage of the eyes.)
Aw, that's lovely! Probably illegal though, on grounds of Something
Nice.
--
Fran
If you want my emu, ask. Reply-to addy jbexeth not.
Derek
2014-11-29 14:22:18 UTC
Post by JonG
Post by Znep
Post by JonG
but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
I think we should make him a Sheddi Knight.
I'll go along with that. And, just to redress the balance a bit, here
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-county/towson/ph-tt-special-needs-eagle-scout-1015-20141013-story.html
(warning - may cause a hint of leakage of the eyes.)
"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." —
Confucius (allegedly)
Derek
Brian Gaff
2014-11-28 09:38:43 UTC
Did you hear all the reports in phone ins early this morning about the black
Friday behaviour of otherwise sane members of the general public.
They seem to have fallen for this latest con on the cheap goods or sale
item, ie give em one big headline discount line and they will be in such a
frenzy they won't realise most of the other discounts are pretty rubbish.

Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Territories" Rush
Mike Smith
2014-11-28 12:05:41 UTC
Post by Brian Gaff
Did you hear all the reports in phone ins early this morning about the black
Friday behaviour of otherwise sane members of the general public.
They seem to have fallen for this latest con on the cheap goods or sale
item, ie give em one big headline discount line and they will be in such a
frenzy they won't realise most of the other discounts are pretty rubbish.
Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
Post by JonG
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-90-arrested-week-feeding-homeless-article-1.2002790
I know that his actions are not exactly Sheddy, but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
--
JonG
Better the pride that resides
in a citizen of the world
than the pride that divides
when a colourful rag is unfurled.
"Territories" Rush
You may also like . . .

http://vimeo.com/43312066

Keep with it, it develops into something you might not expect.

Not work/maiden aunt/child/MP friendly but laden with worthyness.
Had a look on UPipe but couldn't find this definitive version.
If having trouble viewing due bandwidth etc. load Firefox and add the Download Helper add-on, download it and watch on local machine.
--
Cheers

Mike
Sena
2014-11-28 17:21:31 UTC
Post by JonG
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-90-arrested-week-feeding-homeless-article-1.2002790
I know that his actions are not exactly Sheddy, but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
What a wonderful example of a Christian country.
Is that what they think they are? Doesn't sound like any of Christian
I've ever come across - and I've met a few.
JonG
2014-11-28 18:55:55 UTC
Post by JonG
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-90-arrested-week-feeding-homeless-article-1.2002790
I know that his actions are not exactly Sheddy, but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
What a wonderful example of a Christian country.
Christian? I thought that they had found a new way for the Goats to
misbehave:

“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or
a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you prevented someone from
doing for one of the least of these, you prevented them doing for me.’
"Territories" Rush
Mike Fleming
2014-11-29 00:04:59 UTC
Post by JonG
Post by JonG
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-90-arrested-week-feeding-homeless-article-1.2002790
I know that his actions are not exactly Sheddy, but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
What a wonderful example of a Christian country.
Christian? I thought that they had found a new way for the Goats to
“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or
a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you prevented someone from
doing for one of the least of these, you prevented them doing for me.’
Perhaps I should stop using sarchasm.

Regardless of his religion, what he did is what should be approved of
in Christianity. The fact that laws can be passed against it, and he
can be arrested for it, while so many Americans proclaim their
Christianity, is surely symptomatic of deep hypocrisy.
Mike Fleming
The Nomad
2014-11-29 12:25:09 UTC
Post by Mike Fleming
Post by Mike Fleming
Post by JonG
Post by JonG
I know that his actions are not exactly Sheddy, but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
What a wonderful example of a Christian country.
Christian? I thought that they had found a new way for the Goats to
“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or
a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you prevented someone from
doing for one of the least of these, you prevented them doing for me.’
Perhaps I should stop using sarchasm.
Regardless of his religion, what he did is what should be approved of in
Christianity. The fact that laws can be passed against it, and he can be
arrested for it, while so many Americans proclaim their Christianity, is
surely symptomatic of deep hypocrisy.
+1

Avpx

('devout' atheist :-) )
--
'We'll all be killed.' 'Think of it as the lesser of two evils.' 'What's
the other one?' Vimes drew his sword. 'Me.'
12:20:01 up 4 days, 23:28, 6 users, load average: 0.21, 0.21, 0.22
Richard Bos
2014-11-29 17:53:24 UTC
Post by Mike Fleming
Post by JonG
Post by JonG
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-90-arrested-week-feeding-homeless-article-1.2002790
I know that his actions are not exactly Sheddy, but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
What a wonderful example of a Christian country.
Christian? I thought that they had found a new way for the Goats to
“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or
a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you prevented someone from
doing for one of the least of these, you prevented them doing for me.’
Perhaps I should stop using sarchasm.
Regardless of his religion, what he did is what should be approved of
in Christianity.
It _is_ so approved of.
Post by Mike Fleming
The fact that laws can be passed against it, and he
can be arrested for it, while so many Americans proclaim their
Christianity, is surely symptomatic of deep hypocrisy.
Surely. But the hypocrisy is more typically a. Merkin and even more so
b. political and particularly c. local-political, than d. Christian. As
aptly demonstrated by the Christian behaviour of said 90-year-old.

Richard
Mike Fleming
2014-11-30 00:37:21 UTC
Post by Richard Bos
Post by Mike Fleming
The fact that laws can be passed against it, and he
can be arrested for it, while so many Americans proclaim their
Christianity, is surely symptomatic of deep hypocrisy.
Surely. But the hypocrisy is more typically a. Merkin and even more so
b. political and particularly c. local-political, than d. Christian. As
aptly demonstrated by the Christian behaviour of said 90-year-old.
The hypocrisy is of those who consider themselves Christian.

The fact that the death penalty still exists in the USA is another
example of this.
Mike Fleming
JonG
2014-12-02 18:08:12 UTC
Post by Mike Fleming
Post by Richard Bos
Post by Mike Fleming
The fact that laws can be passed against it, and he
can be arrested for it, while so many Americans proclaim their
Christianity, is surely symptomatic of deep hypocrisy.
Surely. But the hypocrisy is more typically a. Merkin and even more so
b. political and particularly c. local-political, than d. Christian. As
aptly demonstrated by the Christian behaviour of said 90-year-old.
The hypocrisy is of those who consider themselves Christian.
I could call myself a teapot, but I suspect that you would not take my
word for it without more evidence.

Friend of mine, years ago, had a poster on his wall saying "If you were
put on trial for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to
convict you?" and my own uncertainty on that point does make me hesitant
to judge others.
"Territories" Rush
JonG
2014-12-02 17:58:55 UTC
Post by Mike Fleming
Post by JonG
Post by JonG
[...]
Oh, I agree. I responded with my own heavy sarcasm. Hence the ? after
"Christian".

Mind you, I always find that the hypocrisy of others is always far, far
more obvious than ones own, isn't it? There is that nagging voice at the
back of my mind that tells me that accusing others of hypocrisy is,
itself, probably hypocritical. Casting first stones and all that...
"Territories" Rush
Richard Bos
2014-11-28 20:00:45 UTC
Post by JonG
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-90-arrested-week-feeding-homeless-article-1.2002790
I know that his actions are not exactly Sheddy, but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
What a wonderful example of a Christian country.
Well, _he_ is (and his words seem to indicate, intentionally so), the
phariseeans^Wcouncillers not so much.

Richard
Phil Cook
2014-12-02 18:27:01 UTC
Post by JonG
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-90-arrested-week-feeding-homeless-article-1.2002790
I know that his actions are not exactly Sheddy, but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
What a wonderful example of a Christian country.
The national religion of our leftpondian merkin cousins is not
Christianity, rather it is anti-communism.
Phil Cook
skipweasel
2014-12-02 18:56:59 UTC
Post by Phil Cook
Post by JonG
I know that his actions are not exactly Sheddy, but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
What a wonderful example of a Christian country.
The national religion of our leftpondian merkin cousins is not
Christianity, rather it is anti-communism.
So is that their beef with this bloke - that he's a dirty rotten
redistributionist?
Skipweasel... Walking on the beaches, looking at the sneetches.
Sam Plusnet
2014-12-02 19:31:01 UTC
In article <%Xnfw.83738$***@fx17.am4>, ***@invalid.drivel
says...
Post by JonG
Post by Phil Cook
Post by JonG
I know that his actions are not exactly Sheddy, but I would like to
propose Arnold Abbott as Official Sheddi Hero for this Christmas.
What a wonderful example of a Christian country.
The national religion of our leftpondian merkin cousins is not
Christianity, rather it is anti-communism.
So is that their beef with this bloke - that he's a dirty rotten
redistributionist?
I doubt if he's the target.

It's Florida.
Northern USA based types who can, winter in Florida.
Wealthy pensioners are probably welcome due to the money they spend.
Unemployed & homeless types may also enjoy the warmer winters there, but
they are less welcome for some reason or other.

Arresting this chap for feeding the homeless is akin to an elderly woman
in the UK getting an ASBO for feeding the birds.

I.E. The unsaid worms are "Don't do it! It only attracts vermin."
--
Sam