Finger-stinger
canaldrifter
2015-03-02 22:31:20 UTC
Cut the tip of (not off) my finger on an open tin in t'fridge today.

Forgot.

Pealed an orange.

OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!

Tone
Graham.
2015-03-03 00:52:55 UTC
On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:31:20 +0000, canaldrifter
Post by canaldrifter
Cut the tip of (not off) my finger on an open tin in t'fridge today.
Forgot.
Pealed an orange.
OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!
Tone
I did cut the tip off of of of my forefinger.

It grew back.

The only way I can tell which one it was, is that I must have had the
Stanley knife in my right hand, so it must have been my left
forefinger.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
skipweasel
2015-03-03 08:21:31 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>, ***@privicy.net
says...
Post by Graham.
The only way I can tell which one it was, is that I must have had the
Stanley knife in my right hand, so it must have been my left
forefinger.
My dad's favourite for that trick was the tip of his fourth finger 'cos
it overhung the straight-edge.
Skipweasel - spouting bollocks since the early 60s.
Richard Bos
2015-03-03 09:20:07 UTC
Post by skipweasel
Post by Graham.
The only way I can tell which one it was, is that I must have had the
Stanley knife in my right hand, so it must have been my left
forefinger.
My dad's favourite for that trick was the tip of his fourth finger 'cos
it overhung the straight-edge.
And that, children, is why professional chefs hold things-to-be-cut with
their fingers curled backwards.

Richard
Graham.
2015-03-03 12:03:58 UTC
Post by Richard Bos
Post by skipweasel
Post by Graham.
The only way I can tell which one it was, is that I must have had the
Stanley knife in my right hand, so it must have been my left
forefinger.
My dad's favourite for that trick was the tip of his fourth finger 'cos
it overhung the straight-edge.
And that, children, is why professional chefs hold things-to-be-cut with
their fingers curled backwards.
Richard
Backwards you say.
Are all chefs digitally hypermobile, or is it an optional module on
the course.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
RustyHinge
2015-03-03 12:12:29 UTC
Post by Graham.
Post by Richard Bos
Post by skipweasel
Post by Graham.
The only way I can tell which one it was, is that I must have had the
Stanley knife in my right hand, so it must have been my left
forefinger.
My dad's favourite for that trick was the tip of his fourth finger 'cos
it overhung the straight-edge.
And that, children, is why professional chefs hold things-to-be-cut with
their fingers curled backwards.
Richard
Backwards you say.
Are all chefs digitally hypermobile, or is it an optional module on
the course.
You must knuckle-under to acquire the attribute.
--
Rusty Hinge
RustyHinge
2015-03-03 12:11:33 UTC
Post by Richard Bos
Post by skipweasel
Post by Graham.
The only way I can tell which one it was, is that I must have had the
Stanley knife in my right hand, so it must have been my left
forefinger.
My dad's favourite for that trick was the tip of his fourth finger 'cos
it overhung the straight-edge.
And that, children, is why professional chefs hold things-to-be-cut with
their fingers curled backwards.
Always assuming that they still *have* fingers.
--
Rusty Hinge
Richard Bos
2015-03-03 15:20:06 UTC
Post by RustyHinge
Post by Richard Bos
Post by skipweasel
Post by Graham.
The only way I can tell which one it was, is that I must have had the
Stanley knife in my right hand, so it must have been my left
forefinger.
My dad's favourite for that trick was the tip of his fourth finger 'cos
it overhung the straight-edge.
And that, children, is why professional chefs hold things-to-be-cut with
their fingers curled backwards.
Always assuming that they still *have* fingers.
The good ones do, because they've always kept them curled back and under
when chopping, and don't use the mandolin unless they absolutely have
to.

Richard
Tim Wright
2015-03-03 16:31:11 UTC
Post by Richard Bos
Post by RustyHinge
Post by Richard Bos
Post by skipweasel
Post by Graham.
The only way I can tell which one it was, is that I must have had the
Stanley knife in my right hand, so it must have been my left
forefinger.
My dad's favourite for that trick was the tip of his fourth finger 'cos
it overhung the straight-edge.
And that, children, is why professional chefs hold things-to-be-cut with
their fingers curled backwards.
Always assuming that they still *have* fingers.
The good ones do, because they've always kept them curled back and under
when chopping, and don't use the mandolin unless they absolutely have
to.
My wife has actually used her mandolin 2 times in a row without doing
herself harm. It is a record.
--
Electric cars will only become popular when they can be recharged as
fast as a 5 year old on a power nap.

Tim W
Richard Robinson
2015-03-03 16:52:46 UTC
Post by Tim Wright
Post by Richard Bos
Post by RustyHinge
Post by Richard Bos
Post by skipweasel
Post by Graham.
The only way I can tell which one it was, is that I must have had the
Stanley knife in my right hand, so it must have been my left
forefinger.
My dad's favourite for that trick was the tip of his fourth finger 'cos
it overhung the straight-edge.
And that, children, is why professional chefs hold things-to-be-cut with
their fingers curled backwards.
Always assuming that they still *have* fingers.
The good ones do, because they've always kept them curled back and under
when chopping, and don't use the mandolin unless they absolutely have
to.
My wife has actually used her mandolin 2 times in a row without doing
herself harm. It is a record.
A Ninja Throwing Record ? She's packing a Monroe 45 ?
--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://www.qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html
canaldrifter
2015-03-03 23:27:58 UTC
Post by Tim Wright
Post by Richard Bos
Post by RustyHinge
Post by Richard Bos
Post by skipweasel
Post by Graham.
The only way I can tell which one it was, is that I must have had the
Stanley knife in my right hand, so it must have been my left
forefinger.
My dad's favourite for that trick was the tip of his fourth finger 'cos
it overhung the straight-edge.
And that, children, is why professional chefs hold things-to-be-cut with
their fingers curled backwards.
Always assuming that they still *have* fingers.
The good ones do, because they've always kept them curled back and under
when chopping, and don't use the mandolin unless they absolutely have
to.
My wife has actually used her mandolin 2 times in a row without doing
herself harm. It is a record.
If it's any good I'll give it a spin.

Tone
Ivan D. Reid
2015-03-03 20:03:42 UTC
Post by Richard Bos
Post by skipweasel
Post by Graham.
The only way I can tell which one it was, is that I must have had the
Stanley knife in my right hand, so it must have been my left
forefinger.
My dad's favourite for that trick was the tip of his fourth finger 'cos
it overhung the straight-edge.
And that, children, is why professional chefs hold things-to-be-cut with
their fingers curled backwards.
Did you see the Japanese sushi chef in "Rick Stein's Australia" last
night (about 48'30" on iPlayer) slicing vegetables? "Masaki trained for
three years, much of it spent in A&E!"
--
Ivan Reid, School of Engineering & Design, _____________ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Ivan.Reid@[brunel.ac.uk|cern.ch] Room 40-1-B12, CERN
Nicholas D. Richards
2015-03-05 18:20:40 UTC
Post by canaldrifter
Cut the tip of (not off) my finger on an open tin in t'fridge today.
Forgot.
Pealed an orange.
OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!
Tone
I did cut the tip off of of of my forefinger.
My father did that, while playing around with my little bruvver's
ether/castor oil aero engine. The tip had to be re-attached.
Post by Graham.
It grew back.
The re-attached tip took. He had only recently had to have part of the
same hand repaired after a bit of 'dirt' fell on the hand.
Post by Graham.
The only way I can tell which one it was, is that I must have had the
Stanley knife in my right hand, so it must have been my left
forefinger.
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"
skipweasel
2015-03-03 08:20:50 UTC
Post by canaldrifter
OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!
I came home with half a dozen tiny black metal splinters from
plasterboard screws (damned things are black phosphate finish, so they
don't get smoothed out by tumling and plating). After I'd extracted them
I inadvertanly chopped an onion.
Skipweasel - spouting bollocks since the early 60s.
Derek
2015-03-03 09:21:20 UTC
On Tue, 3 Mar 2015 08:20:50 -0000, skipweasel
Post by skipweasel
Post by canaldrifter
OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!
I came home with half a dozen tiny black metal splinters from
plasterboard screws (damned things are black phosphate finish, so they
don't get smoothed out by tumling and plating). After I'd extracted them
I inadvertanly chopped an onion.
<winces>

I'm taking it that no one neeeds reminding to wash their hands *well*
after chopping a chili.
Derek
Peter
2015-03-03 10:29:44 UTC
Post by skipweasel
Post by canaldrifter
OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!
I came home with half a dozen tiny black metal splinters from
plasterboard screws (damned things are black phosphate finish, so they
don't get smoothed out by tumling and plating). After I'd extracted them
I inadvertanly chopped an onion.
<winces>
I'm taking it that no one neeeds reminding to wash their hands *well*
after chopping a chili.
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
--
Peter

-----
Life is too shor
RustyHinge
2015-03-03 12:16:48 UTC
Post by skipweasel
Post by canaldrifter
OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!
I came home with half a dozen tiny black metal splinters from
plasterboard screws (damned things are black phosphate finish, so they
don't get smoothed out by tumling and plating). After I'd extracted them
I inadvertanly chopped an onion.
<winces>
I'm taking it that no one neeeds reminding to wash their hands *well*
after chopping a chili.
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
Pre-pee rays!
--
Rusty Hinge
Sam Plusnet
2015-03-03 12:20:26 UTC
Post by Peter
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
Seems to be the default instruction in a lot of factories these days.

There are usually reminder notices over the sinks.
Sam
Richard Robinson
2015-03-03 13:40:07 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Peter
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
Seems to be the default instruction in a lot of factories these days.
There are usually reminder notices over the sinks.
Um. Not over the loos ... ?

(IRTA "reindeer notices")

Graham.
2015-03-03 14:13:32 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Peter
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
Seems to be the default instruction in a lot of factories these days.
There are usually reminder notices over the sinks.
The only hazard to befall me when working with a chemist is to have a
hormonal contradictive tablet accidentally dropped in my coffee.

Bob "Count Pourlicknstick" Henson take note.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Peter
2015-03-03 16:55:52 UTC
Post by Graham.
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Peter
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before*
going for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I
still feel slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
Seems to be the default instruction in a lot of factories these days.
There are usually reminder notices over the sinks.
The only hazard to befall me when working with a chemist is to have a
hormonal contradictive tablet accidentally dropped in my coffee.
I once dropped 40 litres of raw sewage on a colleague. He didn't see the
funny side.
--
Peter

-----
Life is too shor
Richard Robinson
2015-03-03 17:07:46 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Graham.
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Peter
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before*
going for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I
still feel slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
Seems to be the default instruction in a lot of factories these days.
There are usually reminder notices over the sinks.
The only hazard to befall me when working with a chemist is to have a
hormonal contradictive tablet accidentally dropped in my coffee.
I once dropped 40 litres of raw sewage on a colleague. He didn't see the
funny side.
Perhaps it was on top ?

C. o'Jones
2015-03-03 17:26:37 UTC
Post by Peter
I once dropped 40 litres of raw sewage on a colleague. He didn't see the
funny side.
No shit !
--
coj

"it's all part of growing up and being british"
"he won't get the green stuff on his knees"
Siri Crews
2015-03-03 19:45:48 UTC
Post by C. o'Jones
Post by Peter
I once dropped 40 litres of raw sewage on a colleague. He didn't see the
funny side.
No shit !
Would you expect a shit eating grin?
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
Icke's razor: Given two equally plausible explanations, choose the weirder.
Be sure not to operate heavy machinery whilst on usenet.
Ahem A Rivet's Shot
2015-03-03 20:40:16 UTC
On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 11:45:48 -0800
Post by Siri Crews
Post by C. o'Jones
Post by Peter
I once dropped 40 litres of raw sewage on a colleague. He didn't see
the funny side.
No shit !
Would you expect a shit eating grin?
I've never understood that one - I'd not be grinning if I were
eating shit.
--
Steve O'Hara-Smith | Directable Mirror Arrays
C:>WIN | A better way to focus the sun
You lose and Bill collects. | http://www.sohara.org/
Richard Robinson
2015-03-03 21:05:21 UTC
Post by Ahem A Rivet's Shot
Post by Siri Crews
Post by C. o'Jones
Post by Peter
I once dropped 40 litres of raw sewage on a colleague. He didn't see
the funny side.
No shit !
Would you expect a shit eating grin?
I've never understood that one - I'd not be grinning if I were
eating shit.
Likewise. Brown teeth, maybe ?

Siri Crews
2015-03-03 23:17:01 UTC
Post by Siri Crews
Post by C. o'Jones
Post by Peter
I once dropped 40 litres of raw sewage on a colleague. He didn't see
the funny side.
No shit !
Would you expect a shit eating grin?
I've never understood that one - I'd not be grinning if I were
eating shit.
The following is a verbatim transcript of "Filthy Words" (the George Carlin
monologue at issue in the Supreme Court case of FCC v. Pacifica Foundation)
prepared by the Federal Communications Commission:

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/filthywords.html

. . .
(laughter) Hot shit, holy shit, tough shit, eat shit,
(laughter) shit-eating grin. Uh, whoever thought of
that was ill. (murmur laughter) He had a shit-eating
grin! He had a what? (laughter)
. . .
Andrew Marshall
2015-03-03 20:26:56 UTC
In message <md4p2o$rmm$***@dont-email.me>, Peter <***@nospam.co.uk>
writes
Post by Peter
I once dropped 40 litres of raw sewage on a colleague. He didn't see the
funny side.
A chap Geoff knew got a galleon or so of penc-cvff-and-water slung all
over him from a passing train as he was about to go under a bridge. He
was off jbex for some time with a very nasty infection.
--
Regards,
Andrew Marshall, G8BUR, M0MAA.
Nicholas D. Richards
2015-03-05 18:37:36 UTC
Post by Andrew Marshall
writes
Post by Peter
I once dropped 40 litres of raw sewage on a colleague. He didn't see the
funny side.
A chap Geoff knew got a galleon or so of penc-cvff-and-water slung all
over him from a passing train as he was about to go under a bridge. He
was off jbex for some time with a very nasty infection.
I was lucky then. I once snorkled under a moored yacht just as someone
flushed the toilet. Apart from shit in my hair and beard and the
indignity of it all, I suffered no other ill effects.

I started my canal adventures when canal boats flushed straight into the
cut and fell in a good few times.
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"
canaldrifter
2015-03-05 23:47:34 UTC
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
Post by Andrew Marshall
writes
Post by Peter
I once dropped 40 litres of raw sewage on a colleague. He didn't see the
funny side.
A chap Geoff knew got a galleon or so of penc-cvff-and-water slung all
over him from a passing train as he was about to go under a bridge. He
was off jbex for some time with a very nasty infection.
I was lucky then. I once snorkled under a moored yacht just as someone
flushed the toilet. Apart from shit in my hair and beard and the
indignity of it all, I suffered no other ill effects.
I started my canal adventures when canal boats flushed straight into the
cut and fell in a good few times.
When I were abaht ten, I went sailing on the Gnaw Folk Brawds wiv our
church ministererer and a few other Sunday School lads. We intended to
moor in one of the Broads. Revd. Staplebum told me to sling the
mud-weight over the side of our Perfect Lady yacht. I did. T'other end
of the line wasn't attached to the boat. 'Plop' it went.

Beeing a cracking little swimmist I was made to dive in and root about
in the mud at the bottom of the brawd until I found the line.

I did. I brought it to the surface. It was as I climbed back on to the
boat that I found the 'mud' that I was smothered in was mostly hooman
excrement!

Tone
RustyHinge
2015-03-03 14:25:14 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Peter
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
Seems to be the default instruction in a lot of factories these days.
There are usually reminder notices over the sinks.
We have more salubrious receptacles
--
Rusty Hinge
JonG
2015-03-03 16:34:55 UTC
Post by Peter
Post by Derek
I'm taking it that no one neeeds reminding to wash their hands *well*
after chopping a chili.
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
Supposedly, towards the end of the nineteenth century, a learned medic
was asked what was new in surgery. He replied: "Nowadays, we wash our
hands Before we operate."
--
JonG
for truly, religion is humanity's greatest rebellion against, and
(Vic the Vicar)
Znep
2015-03-03 21:42:50 UTC
Post by skipweasel
Post by canaldrifter
OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!
I came home with half a dozen tiny black metal splinters from
plasterboard screws (damned things are black phosphate finish, so they
don't get smoothed out by tumling and plating). After I'd extracted them
I inadvertanly chopped an onion.
<winces>
I'm taking it that no one neeeds reminding to wash their hands *well*
after chopping a chili.
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
The less said about Fiery[1][2] Jack the better....

[1] Why is it fiery and not firey?

[2] Step-mother's first husband. Spent most of a night in the bathroom,
danging his todger in a sink of ice-water.
--
Marc

Journalism largely consists of saying "Lord Jones is dead" to people who didn't
know Lord Jones was alive. - G.K. Chesterton
Sam Plusnet
2015-03-03 22:49:26 UTC
Post by Znep
[2] Step-mother's first husband. Spent most of a night in the bathroom,
danging his todger in a sink of ice-water.
And you try telling these kids today what we 'ad to do to make our own
entertainment.

They'd never believe you.
Sam
Richard Robinson
2015-03-03 23:48:28 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by Znep
[2] Step-mother's first husband. Spent most of a night in the bathroom,
danging his todger in a sink of ice-water.
And you try telling these kids today what we 'ad to do to make our own
entertainment.
They'd never believe you.
Qvq gur pbyq jngre pbzr orsber be nsgre gur nzhfrzrag ?

Derek
Derek
Richard Bos
2015-03-04 10:34:11 UTC
Post by Znep
Post by Peter
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
The less said about Fiery[1][2] Jack the better....
[2] Step-mother's first husband. Spent most of a night in the bathroom,
danging his todger in a sink of ice-water.
More fool he. Capsaicin isn't water-soluble. He should've used iced milk
or yoghurt.

Richard
Znep
2015-03-04 15:44:02 UTC
In uk.rec.sheds, (Richard Bos) wrote in
Post by Richard Bos
Post by Znep
Post by Peter
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
The less said about Fiery[1][2] Jack the better....
[2] Step-mother's first husband. Spent most of a night in the bathroom,
danging his todger in a sink of ice-water.
More fool he. Capsaicin isn't water-soluble. He should've used iced milk
or yoghurt.
He was not wise in the ways of chemistry/biology.
--
Marc

I'll listen to logic and reason when it comes out on CD - anon
Richard Bos
2015-03-04 21:19:17 UTC
Post by Richard Bos
Post by Znep
The less said about Fiery[1][2] Jack the better....
[2] Step-mother's first husband. Spent most of a night in the bathroom,
danging his todger in a sink of ice-water.
More fool he. Capsaicin isn't water-soluble. He should've used iced milk
or yoghurt.
He was not wise in the ways of chemistry/biology.
Nor Indian cuisine, apparently.

Richard
Znep
2015-03-06 02:36:16 UTC
Post by Richard Bos
Post by Znep
The less said about Fiery[1][2] Jack the better....
[2] Step-mother's first husband. Spent most of a night in the bathroom,
danging his todger in a sink of ice-water.
More fool he. Capsaicin isn't water-soluble. He should've used iced milk
or yoghurt.
He was not wise in the ways of chemistry/biology.
Nor Indian cuisine, apparently.
No, he was very much a meat-and-potatoes sort of chap.
--
Marc

"Why do born-again people so often make you wish they'd never
been born the first time?" - Katharine Whitehorn
Nicholas D. Richards
2015-03-05 19:45:56 UTC
Post by Znep
Post by skipweasel
Post by canaldrifter
OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!
I came home with half a dozen tiny black metal splinters from
plasterboard screws (damned things are black phosphate finish, so they
don't get smoothed out by tumling and plating). After I'd extracted them
I inadvertanly chopped an onion.
<winces>
I'm taking it that no one neeeds reminding to wash their hands *well*
after chopping a chili.
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
The less said about Fiery[1][2] Jack the better....
[1] Why is it fiery and not firey?
[2] Step-mother's first husband. Spent most of a night in the
bathroom, danging his todger in a sink of ice-water. [42]

[42] Bropaply better to have rubbed in vegetable oil, washed with warm
water and soap, rub in vegetable oil and so on ..... The ice water
bropaply extended the agony and the amusement.
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"
Bob Henson
2015-03-05 20:12:41 UTC
Post by Znep
Post by skipweasel
Post by canaldrifter
OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!
I came home with half a dozen tiny black metal splinters from
plasterboard screws (damned things are black phosphate finish, so they
don't get smoothed out by tumling and plating). After I'd extracted them
I inadvertanly chopped an onion.
<winces>
I'm taking it that no one neeeds reminding to wash their hands *well*
after chopping a chili.
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
The less said about Fiery[1][2] Jack the better....
[1] Why is it fiery and not firey?
It is named after Fierry Jacques, the French footballer and monk who
played for Arsenal.
--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

Why is there only one Competition Commission?
C. o'Jones
2015-03-05 20:46:11 UTC
Post by Bob Henson
Post by Znep
[1] Why is it fiery and not firey?
It is named after Fierry Jacques, the French footballer and monk who
played for Arsenal.
Jacques Oeuf
--
minus minus whatsit
coj

"Recte, sed absque sanitate, medicina artibus vinum ordinis irrigationes,
itinerum*, in aquae dulcis sunt, et ad salutem, quid fecisti nobis
Romanos ?"

* qui licet fuisset Celtis
Bob Henson
2015-03-06 08:07:10 UTC
Post by C. o'Jones
Post by Bob Henson
Post by Znep
[1] Why is it fiery and not firey?
It is named after Fierry Jacques, the French footballer and monk who
played for Arsenal.
Jacques Oeuf
Chacun à son goût :-)
--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

Manifesto - a statement of what you would do if you had talent, honour
and principles.
skipweasel
2015-03-06 08:20:18 UTC
In article <***@mid.individual.net>, ***@gmail.com
says...
Post by Bob Henson
Chacun à son goût :-)
I ain't got gout. Not yet.
Skipweasel - spouting bollocks since the early 60s.
Bob Henson
2015-03-06 08:40:32 UTC
Post by skipweasel
says...
Post by Bob Henson
Chacun à son goût :-)
I ain't got gout. Not yet.
You need more port and pheasant.

Keyboard - standard device for generating computer errors.
Sam Plusnet
2015-03-06 13:03:21 UTC
In article <***@mid.individual.net>, ***@gmail.com
says...
Post by Bob Henson
Post by skipweasel
says...
Post by Bob Henson
Chacun à son goût :-)
I ain't got gout. Not yet.
You need more port and pheasant.
What makes one pheasant more important than another?
Sam
Bob Henson
2015-03-06 13:28:00 UTC
Post by skipweasel
says...
Post by Bob Henson
Post by skipweasel
says...
Post by Bob Henson
Chacun à son goût :-)
I ain't got gout. Not yet.
You need more port and pheasant.
What makes one pheasant more important than another?
Ducking down makes them last longer.

Yes, a second honeymoon would be a good idea, dear. With whom?
canaldrifter

Tone
Richard Bos
2015-03-06 23:02:28 UTC
Post by Bob Henson
Post by skipweasel
says...
Post by Bob Henson
Chacun à son goût :-)
I ain't got gout. Not yet.
You need more port and pheasant.
Or a wife named Hyacinth.

(As it happens, I currently have a hyacinth, which leaneth over.)

Richard
Nicholas D. Richards
2015-03-06 23:37:28 UTC
Post by Richard Bos
Post by Bob Henson
Post by skipweasel
says...
Post by Bob Henson
Chacun à son goût :-)
I ain't got gout. Not yet.
You need more port and pheasant.
Or a wife named Hyacinth.
(As it happens, I currently have a hyacinth, which leaneth over.)
Any day now my orchids will be blooming beautiful. No scent but the
flowers last longer than Mrs Bouquet. On past performance there should
still be some flowers in June.
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"
Siri Crews
2015-03-06 23:55:26 UTC
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
Post by Richard Bos
Post by Bob Henson
Post by skipweasel
says...
Post by Bob Henson
Chacun à son goût :-)
I ain't got gout. Not yet.
You need more port and pheasant.
Or a wife named Hyacinth.
(As it happens, I currently have a hyacinth, which leaneth over.)
Any day now my orchids will be blooming beautiful. No scent but the
flowers last longer than Mrs Bouquet. On past performance there should
still be some flowers in June.
We get our first flowers around Christmas. Those with water can keep flowerring
into summer, but otherwise they wither during the spring.
Tim Wright
2015-03-06 14:42:17 UTC
Post by skipweasel
says...
Post by Bob Henson
Chacun à son goût :-)
I ain't got gout. Not yet.
I've got a touch of it in my left big toe. Now it seems there may be an
upside to gout. May offer protection from old-timers disease.

http://tinyurl.com/pazk8v6

Tim W
Znep
2015-03-06 15:13:25 UTC
In uk.rec.sheds, (Tim Wright) wrote in
Post by Tim Wright
Post by skipweasel
I ain't got gout. Not yet.
I've got a touch of it in my left big toe. Now it seems there may be an
upside to gout. May offer protection from old-timers disease.
http://tinyurl.com/pazk8v6
Oy. So it's a choice of sore or bewildered? Great.
--
Marc

There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.
-- Ken Olson, founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977
Sn!pe
2015-03-06 20:46:20 UTC
[...]
Post by Tim Wright
Post by skipweasel
I ain't got gout. Not yet.
I've got a touch of it in my left big toe. Now it seems there may be an
upside to gout. May offer protection from old-timers disease.
http://tinyurl.com/pazk8v6
I suffered gout for several years, and boodly painful it is too. It
seems that live beer can kick it off because of the purine in yeast.
A kind soul told me recently about Allopurinol tablets - they're
bloomin' marvellous.
--
^Ï^. Sn!pe <***@notforspam.fsnet.co.uk>

My pet rock Gordon just is.
Andrew Marshall
2015-03-06 21:23:30 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
I suffered gout for several years, and boodly painful it is too.
I suffer with gout occasionally; typically about once every dozen to
fifteen fortnights. My big toe - pot luck whether it's the sinister or
dexter one - hurts so much, for several days, that I can hardly walk.
Post by Sn!pe
It
seems that live beer can kick it off because of the purine in yeast.
I don't drink all that much BA these days -perhaps two or three bottles
a fortnight - but when I do, it's almost always bottle- or
cask-conditioned. I'd not be at all keen on having to give it up.
Post by Sn!pe
A kind soul told me recently about Allopurinol tablets - they're
bloomin' marvellous.
Can they be ohled over the counter, or only on prescription?
Tim Wright
2015-03-06 21:39:18 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
A kind soul told me recently about Allopurinol tablets - they're
bloomin' marvellous.
Can they be ohled over the counter, or only on prescription?
In Leftpondia, it's Rx only. If it doesn't clear up in a week or two I
may go see the doc. Haven't seen her for about a year and a half, she
may have forgotten me.

Tim W
Nicholas D. Richards
2015-03-06 23:52:12 UTC
Post by Andrew Marshall
Post by Sn!pe
I suffered gout for several years, and boodly painful it is too.
I suffer with gout occasionally; typically about once every dozen to
fifteen fortnights. My big toe - pot luck whether it's the sinister or
dexter one - hurts so much, for several days, that I can hardly walk.
A doctor should diagnose gout, there are a number of other conditions
that can cause an inflamed big toe joint. Incidentally although big toe
joints are the most commonly affected joints, other joints may be
affected instead, notably elbow or knee.
Post by Sn!pe
A kind soul told me recently about Allopurinol tablets - they're
bloomin' marvellous.
Can they be ohled over the counter, or only on prescription?
I thunk it is only on s script. It is not a treatment for a gout
attack, it prevents attacks. However you must be free of gout for some
time before you start taking it, as it can trigger an attack of gout
when you first start taking it.
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"
canaldrifter
2015-03-07 01:06:23 UTC
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
A doctor should diagnose gout, there are a number of other conditions
that can cause an inflamed big toe joint. Incidentally although big toe
joints are the most commonly affected joints, other joints may be
affected instead, notably elbow or knee.
I discovered this afternoon that the Prospective Acting Temporary Mrs
Drifter has double-jointed toes. She can curl her big toes vertically
upwards and do the Vulcan salute with her other toes. Not bad at 70, but
quite off-putting when one is trying to concentrate on other bits.....
really.

Tone
Tim Wright
2015-03-07 01:24:28 UTC
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
Post by Andrew Marshall
Post by Sn!pe
I suffered gout for several years, and boodly painful it is too.
I suffer with gout occasionally; typically about once every dozen to
fifteen fortnights. My big toe - pot luck whether it's the sinister or
dexter one - hurts so much, for several days, that I can hardly walk.
A doctor should diagnose gout, there are a number of other conditions
that can cause an inflamed big toe joint. Incidentally although big toe
joints are the most commonly affected joints, other joints may be
affected instead, notably elbow or knee.
I've had flareups which I assumed was gout a couple times before.
Usually I'd just increase my fluid intake and keep the affected toe warm
and it would go away in a day or two. This time it's stuck around for a
couple of weeks. It also worked its way up to my ankle and I could
hardly walk for a day or so. I've been taking Ibuprofen for it which
seems be helping greatly. We've been having a cold snap which I think
has something to do with it.

Of course, being a typical guy, my medical motto is, "Maybe it will go
away."
--
Need to keep it away from my knees. They're bad enough as it is.

Tim W
Sn!pe
2015-03-07 08:12:26 UTC
[...]
Post by Tim Wright
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
A doctor should diagnose gout, there are a number of other conditions
that can cause an inflamed big toe joint. Incidentally although big toe
joints are the most commonly affected joints, other joints may be
affected instead, notably elbow or knee.
I've had flareups which I assumed was gout a couple times before.
Usually I'd just increase my fluid intake and keep the affected toe warm
and it would go away in a day or two. This time it's stuck around for a
couple of weeks. It also worked its way up to my ankle and I could
hardly walk for a day or so. I've been taking Ibuprofen for it which
seems be helping greatly. We've been having a cold snap which I think
has something to do with it.
Of course, being a typical guy, my medical motto is, "Maybe it will go
away."
Which it does, for a while, then it comes back again...

Seriously, it's well worth showing to a doctor. Apart from avoiding the
risk of permanent joint damage, it's a darn sight more comfortable if
you have it under control.
--
^Ï^. Sn!pe <***@notforspam.fsnet.co.uk>

My pet rock Gordon just is.
Bob Henson
2015-03-07 09:25:23 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
A kind soul told me recently about Allopurinol tablets - they're
bloomin' marvellous.
Can they be ohled over the counter, or only on prescription?
Prescription only in the UK. They need treating with care, and it is
best to go via the doctor anyway. Don't worry too much about diet,
although I made the crack about port and pheasant, I was only echoing
the stereotypes of the past. Recent work has shown diet to have very
little influence over it. If, of course, anyone finds an obvious and
*repeatable* trigger, then that should be avoided - but usually it is
just co-incidence if a food or drink seems to be at fault.

Atheist - a person with no invisible means of support.
Siri Crews
2015-03-06 12:31:13 UTC
Post by Bob Henson
Post by C. o'Jones
Post by Bob Henson
Post by Znep
[1] Why is it fiery and not firey?
It is named after Fierry Jacques, the French footballer and monk who
played for Arsenal.
Jacques Oeuf
Chacun à son goût :-)
His son has gout? Ouch.
Kerr Mudd-John
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
EMB
2015-03-04 09:29:16 UTC
I'm much the same - old habits (learned properly) die hard.
Sena
2015-03-04 12:20:10 UTC
Post by EMB
Post by Peter
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
I'm much the same - old habits (learned properly) die hard.
For much the same reason I'm in a vanishingly small minority of people
who shower and wash my hair before getting into the swimming pool as
well as afterwards. Afterwards is more thorough, but only because I know
that no one else has bothered beforehand. Ugh!
--
Fran
If you want my emu, ask. Reply-to addy jbexeth not.
Sn!pe
2015-03-04 17:26:32 UTC
Post by Sena
Post by EMB
Post by Peter
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
I'm much the same - old habits (learned properly) die hard.
For much the same reason I'm in a vanishingly small minority of people
who shower and wash my hair before getting into the swimming pool as
well as afterwards. Afterwards is more thorough, but only because I know
that no one else has bothered beforehand. Ugh!
That's why swimming pools smell of "Chlorine"; the antimicrobial
chemicals that they put in the pool-water reacts with organic
substances to make the smell. If everyone washed first and refrained
from piddling in the paddling pool it would barely smell at all.
--
^Ï^. Sn!pe <***@notforspam.fsnet.co.uk>

My pet rock Gordon just is.
Tim Wright
2015-03-04 17:34:24 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Sena
Post by EMB
Post by Peter
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
I'm much the same - old habits (learned properly) die hard.
For much the same reason I'm in a vanishingly small minority of people
who shower and wash my hair before getting into the swimming pool as
well as afterwards. Afterwards is more thorough, but only because I know
that no one else has bothered beforehand. Ugh!
That's why swimming pools smell of "Chlorine"; the antimicrobial
chemicals that they put in the pool-water reacts with organic
substances to make the smell. If everyone washed first and refrained
from piddling in the paddling pool it would barely smell at all.
It only smells of chlorine if it is a chlorine pool. Our pool is salt
water, and there is never a smell of chlorine. If you're going to put
in a pool, salt water is the best way to go.

Tim W
canaldrifter
2015-03-04 17:50:20 UTC
Post by Tim Wright
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Sena
Post by EMB
Post by Peter
[...]
How salty is it? Can you walk across it?

tone
Sam Plusnet
2015-03-04 18:21:00 UTC
Post by canaldrifter
Post by Tim Wright
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Sena
Post by EMB
Post by Peter
[...]
I wuz going to come up with something along the lines of crust-asian,
but it doesn't quite jbex.
Sam
Siri Crews
2015-03-04 18:37:11 UTC
Post by Sam Plusnet
Post by canaldrifter
Post by Tim Wright
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Sena
Post by EMB
Post by Peter
[...]
Fingerstinger, he's the man,
the man with the stinger touch.
A salty touch.
Such a salty finger.
beckons you to enter his shed of sin.
But don't go in.
EMB
2015-03-05 09:42:44 UTC
That's the oriental chap who had the mishap with the steam roller.
Tim Wright
2015-03-04 20:24:55 UTC
Post by canaldrifter
Post by Tim Wright
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Sena
Post by EMB
Post by Peter
[...]
Generally 2500-3500 parts per million salt. which is about .01% as salty
as the ocean. Our pool is around 16,000 gallons and they put in around
240 lbs of salt. Loss of water throw overflow (rain) or kids splashing
it out, causes me to add 40 to 80lbs of salt per year. It's very low
maintenance, and very economical to operate, chemical wise.

Tim W
Ivan D. Reid
2015-03-05 02:04:34 UTC
Post by Tim Wright
Post by canaldrifter
Post by Tim Wright
It only smells of chlorine if it is a chlorine pool. Our pool is salt
water, and there is never a smell of chlorine. If you're going to put
in a pool, salt water is the best way to go.
How salty is it? Can you walk across it?
Generally 2500-3500 parts per million salt. which is about .01% as salty
as the ocean. Our pool is around 16,000 gallons and they put in around
240 lbs of salt. Loss of water throw overflow (rain) or kids splashing
it out, causes me to add 40 to 80lbs of salt per year. It's very low
maintenance, and very economical to operate, chemical wise.
We had a saltwater (ocean) pool in Byron Bay, built after many
years of fundraising, including the annual Oleander Festival. One problem
was the ocean intakes getting clogged by blooms of "cornflake" seaweed
(yes, it looks just as you'd expect from the name!). I understand it was
eventually changed to chlorinated freshwater, but I doubt I've been in it
since the mid-70s.

https://goo.gl/maps/HDj2w
Tim Wright
2015-03-05 03:15:51 UTC
Post by Ivan D. Reid
Post by Tim Wright
Post by canaldrifter
Post by Tim Wright
[...]
I'm around 350 miles from the sea, so that would an expensive pipeline.

Tim W
Ivan D. Reid
2015-03-05 07:27:08 UTC
Post by Tim Wright
Post by Ivan D. Reid
We had a saltwater (ocean) pool in Byron Bay,
I'm around 350 miles from the sea, so that would an expensive pipeline.
Oh, i don't know -- one of my engineering dreams is to build a
canal from the Bight or Spencer's Gulf to Lake Eyre, to flood it again and
try to induce more rain in central Australia. Unfortunately there's not
much drop along the length so you couldn't also generate electricity from
the flow.
Znep
2015-03-06 02:39:11 UTC
In uk.rec.sheds, (Ivan D. Reid) wrote in
Post by Ivan D. Reid
Post by Tim Wright
Post by canaldrifter
Post by Tim Wright
[...]
We have a proper brine pool locally. Nice, it is, compared with
chlorinated.

Robert Harvey
2015-03-04 18:41:07 UTC
spoilsport.
Znep
2015-03-04 19:07:37 UTC
In uk.rec.sheds, (Robert Harvey) wrote in
Post by Robert Harvey
Post by Sn!pe
. If everyone washed first and refrained
from piddling in the paddling pool it would barely smell at all.
spoilsport.
Spoilspurt?
--
Marc

"Nothing in the Constitution compels us to listen to or view any unwanted communication,
whatever its merit. We categorically reject the argument that a vendor has a right under
the Constitution or otherwise to send unwanted material into the home of another.
If this prohibition operates to impede the flow of even valid ideas, the answer is that no one
has a right to press even 'good' ideas on an unwilling recipient.
The asserted right of a mailer, we repeat, stops at the outer boundary of every person's domain."
- Chief Justice Burger, U.S. Supreme Court
Nicholas D. Richards
2015-03-05 19:57:38 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Sena
Post by EMB
Post by Peter
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
I'm much the same - old habits (learned properly) die hard.
For much the same reason I'm in a vanishingly small minority of people
who shower and wash my hair before getting into the swimming pool as
well as afterwards. Afterwards is more thorough, but only because I know
that no one else has bothered beforehand. Ugh!
That's why swimming pools smell of "Chlorine"; the antimicrobial
chemicals that they put in the pool-water reacts with organic
substances to make the smell.
True
Post by Sn!pe
If everyone washed first and refrained
from piddling in the paddling pool it would barely smell at all.
Not really, impossible to wash off everything. Your skin reacts to give
the chlorine smell. Small children will piddle if you put them in
water.
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"
Sn!pe
2015-03-06 07:52:37 UTC
Small children will piddle if you put them in water.
"Doctor, Doctor, every time I do this it hurts."

"Well, don't do it then."

haw-haw-haw
[heaves shoulders, not like that, just like that]
--
^Ï^. Sn!pe <***@notforspam.fsnet.co.uk>

My pet rock Gordon just is.
Nicholas D. Richards
2015-03-05 19:50:07 UTC
Post by Sena
Post by EMB
Post by Peter
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
I'm much the same - old habits (learned properly) die hard.
For much the same reason I'm in a vanishingly small minority of people
who shower and wash my hair before getting into the swimming pool as
well as afterwards. Afterwards is more thorough, but only because I know
that no one else has bothered beforehand. Ugh!
The Japanese soap, wash and rinse before they get in the bath.
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"
C. o'Jones
2015-03-05 20:44:58 UTC
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
Post by Sena
For much the same reason I'm in a vanishingly small minority of people
who shower and wash my hair before getting into the swimming pool as
well as afterwards. Afterwards is more thorough, but only because I know
that no one else has bothered beforehand. Ugh!
The Japanese soap, wash and rinse before they get in the bath.
Everybody in the house uses the same bathwater (one after another) but
it's too hot to stay in long. People we stayed with heated up the same
water the next night too.

* qui licet fuisset Celtis
canaldrifter
2015-03-05 23:39:15 UTC
Post by C. o'Jones
Post by Nicholas D. Richards
Post by Sena
For much the same reason I'm in a vanishingly small minority of people
who shower and wash my hair before getting into the swimming pool as
well as afterwards. Afterwards is more thorough, but only because I know
that no one else has bothered beforehand. Ugh!
The Japanese soap, wash and rinse before they get in the bath.
Everybody in the house uses the same bathwater (one after another) but
it's too hot to stay in long. People we stayed with heated up the same
water the next night too.
I can vividly remember, in Croxley Green, being bathed in front of the
range (not the range) in a tin bath, by my Aunty Ada, after she had been
innit, and Uncle Bob had been innit first, every Friday evening.

And no, this wasn't last week. it was back in abaht 1947.

They had no bathroom. Nor electrickery. She was also a demon with a gas
poker.

Tone
Nicholas D. Richards
2015-03-05 18:28:20 UTC
Post by skipweasel
Post by canaldrifter
OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!
I came home with half a dozen tiny black metal splinters from
plasterboard screws (damned things are black phosphate finish, so they
don't get smoothed out by tumling and plating). After I'd extracted them
I inadvertanly chopped an onion.
<winces>
I'm taking it that no one neeeds reminding to wash their hands *well*
after chopping a chili.
When I was working in a lab the routine was to wash hands *before* going
for a pee. That was getting on for a kilofortnight ago and I still feel
slightly uncomfortale about peeing without first washing.
I can feel the baker's string through flies joke coming on. NO, No!
--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"
RustyHinge
2015-03-03 12:16:10 UTC
Post by skipweasel
Post by canaldrifter
OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!
I came home with half a dozen tiny black metal splinters from
plasterboard screws (damned things are black phosphate finish, so they
don't get smoothed out by tumling and plating). After I'd extracted them
I inadvertanly chopped an onion.
<winces>
I'm taking it that no one neeeds reminding to wash their hands *well*
after chopping a chili.
Not here.

BTW, heard on Auntie last weak: "A chemist is someone who washes his
hands *before* going to the toilet."

Sig, anyone?
--
Rusty Hinge
RustyHinge
2015-03-03 12:13:56 UTC
Post by skipweasel
Post by canaldrifter
OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!
I came home with half a dozen tiny black metal splinters from
plasterboard screws (damned things are black phosphate finish, so they
don't get smoothed out by tumling and plating). After I'd extracted them
I inadvertanly chopped an onion.
How do you inadvertantly chop an On!on? (Or even inadvertanly...)
--
Rusty Hinge
JonG
2015-03-03 16:18:12 UTC
Post by skipweasel
I inadvertanly chopped an onion.
Easily done, I often find.
(Vic the Vicar)
Brian Gaff
Tone
b***@gmail.com
2015-03-03 08:57:40 UTC
Post by Brian Gaff
I think we have all been there. Really fingers are not well designed for
modern living.
That's why god gave us nitrile rubber gloves and welding gauntlets.

I grin like an idiot whenever I see the german for Glove
Richard Bos
2015-03-03 09:20:32 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
I grin like an idiot whenever I see the german for Glove
Dutch TAAW.

Richard
C. o'Jones
2015-03-03 09:51:51 UTC
Post by Richard Bos
Post by b***@gmail.com
I grin like an idiot whenever I see the german for Glove
Dutch TAAW.
In espanish toe is "finger of the foot"

Graham.
2015-03-03 12:11:11 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Brian Gaff
I think we have all been there. Really fingers are not well designed for
modern living.
That's why god gave us nitrile rubber gloves and welding gauntlets.
I grin like an idiot whenever I see the german for Glove
Not as much as when I see the german for brassiere.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Richard Robinson
2015-03-03 13:38:44 UTC
Post by Graham.
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Brian Gaff
I think we have all been there. Really fingers are not well designed for
modern living.
That's why god gave us nitrile rubber gloves and welding gauntlets.
I grin like an idiot whenever I see the german for Glove
Not as much as when I see the german for brassiere.
I was on a a French-run channel ferry, once upon a long time ago, and still
unforget noticing that the safety stuff featured "Brassieres de Sauvetage".

RustyHinge
2015-03-03 14:23:57 UTC
Post by Richard Robinson
Post by Graham.
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Brian Gaff
I think we have all been there. Really fingers are not well designed for
modern living.
That's why god gave us nitrile rubber gloves and welding gauntlets.
I grin like an idiot whenever I see the german for Glove
Not as much as when I see the german for brassiere.
I was on a a French-run channel ferry, once upon a long time ago, and still
unforget noticing that the safety stuff featured "Brassieres de Sauvetage".
IRTA "Brassieres de Sellotape".
--
Rusty Hinge
skipweasel
2015-03-03 15:53:00 UTC
Post by Richard Robinson
I was on a a French-run channel ferry, once upon a long time ago, and still
unforget noticing that the safety stuff featured "Brassieres de Sauvetage".
Viscious restaurants?
Skipweasel - spouting bollocks since the early 60s.
skipweasel
2015-03-03 15:52:39 UTC
Post by Graham.
Not as much as when I see the german for brassiere.
I have just one thing to say...

Exhaust.

Oh, and Exit.
Skipweasel - spouting bollocks since the early 60s.
Mike Fleming
2015-03-04 18:57:43 UTC
Post by Graham.
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Brian Gaff
I think we have all been there. Really fingers are not well designed for
modern living.
That's why god gave us nitrile rubber gloves and welding gauntlets.
I grin like an idiot whenever I see the german for Glove
Not as much as when I see the german for brassiere.
Or the French word for buffer.

I once encountered a program which loaded a duofortnightsworth of data
up at one point - there was a comment "Load a 28 day period into
buffer". I couldn't resist adding the comment "Did you know that the
French for buffer is tampon?".
Mike Fleming
RustyHinge
2015-03-03 12:09:58 UTC
Post by canaldrifter
Cut the tip of (not off) my finger on an open tin in t'fridge today.
Forgot.
Pealed an orange.
OW OW OW OW OW OW OW OOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!!
ITYM 'pealed a Tone'.
--
Rusty Hinge
Nicholas D. Richards
2015-03-05 17:49:33 UTC
Post by canaldrifter
Cut the tip of (not off) my finger on an open tin in t'fridge today.
My Mum would not have approved. Never, never let me put an opened tin
in the fridge; once opened contents plus the tin/steel plate of the can
creates a battery and will taint contents.

BTW there are openers which do not create a sharp edge to cut yourself
on.
Post by canaldrifter
Forgot.
Pealed an orange.